From the Blog
- Parent Category: ROOT
We all know stress is not great but did you know that long term stress is really harmful to your physical and mental health?
“Diseases whose development has been linked to both stress and inflammation include cardiovascular dysfunctions, diabetes, cancer, autoimmune syndromes and mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety disorders.” PubMed
Getting on top of our stress levels and finding peace and calm is vital to our wellbeing! This can be a challenge in today’s modern world when we are busy with working, parenting and daily life.
But with some natural remedies to support and some lifestyle changes, it is possible!
Vibrational therapies such as flower essences address emotions to release stress from our psyche to encourage harmony and balance within the body.
- Stress Free. A brand new essence formulation to diffuse feelings of pressure and anxiety related to stressful situations. This essence will help you stay grounded and focused while tackling the big issues in your day.
- Calm your Farm. This one is good for those people who have a lot going on and juggle many balls at once. Great for finding calm in chaotic situations and helping you find calmness and grounding.
- Sweet Dreams. If you struggle to relax and have restful sleep at night, Sweet Dreams can help. It can assist with repetitive thoughts and reducing fear and worry.
- Emergency Essence. This is a powerful combination of flower essences to support the body in times of shock, trauma, pain, fear and stress. Good for all emergency situations.
- Stress Less Pet. I haven’t forgotten your furry friends! This remedy is great for all pets to help calm and soothe and encourage positive behaviour. Perfect for whenever they are anxious or unsettled.
- Stress Complex. This homeopathic remedy is a powerful combination that may offer support for symptoms associated with everyday stresses. It includes the following remedies: Cocculus 6c, Ginseng 5x, Kali Phos 6x, Phos Acid 6c.
- You can repeat this a few times daily and may need to be continued for a few days before the problem is fully resolved.
- Cocculus. This remedy is useful when stressed and exhausted by worry and lack of sleep, nursing loved ones and getting up to sleepless children. There may be a dizzy, empty hollow feeling.
- Ignatia. When there is emotional stress, grief, guilt and mental strain, Ignatia is a useful remedy.
- Nux Vomica. If work is stressful, Nux Vom is a great remedy to assist with when you feel you are becoming stressed, critical and oversensitive with sleep problems and a craving for stimulants.
- Kali Phos. This is great tissue salt for when you are under pressure! Use twice a day to support the nervous system when you are overworked or worried.
Good lifestyle habits like a nutritious diet, movement and lots of quality sleep will all help support you in times of stress. This can be difficult to achieve when things are hard, but it is really important to take time to practice radical self care.
Any activity that slows you down and requires slow, deep breathing is great for stress relief. Try meditation, breathwork, yoga, qi gong or tai chi. Go to classes or just find some free videos online to get you started.
Essential oils are also a great tool for supporting you in stressful times. Try lavender, frankincense, cedarwood, ylang-ylang and bergamot.
Calming herbal teas like chamomile, valerian and lemon balm can all help with stress. Dark chocolate can also be good for stress, so have a few squares a day.
Find calming activities that bring you joy and do them more often. It might be walking in nature, listening to music or painting. Anything that brings you into the present moment and provides mindfulness.
For long term stress, you may need to make some big lifestyle changes. Changing jobs, changing location, moving on from relationships or working with a therapist may all improve your stress.
Your wellbeing is important and it’s hard to live a fulfilling, happy life when you are stressed all the time. So, do what ever you need to do to get on top of that stress.
Sources: Australian Bush Flower Essences, Owen Homeopathics